
So I love to read and I love finding new books that are all about things that I'm passionate about too. I found out about this new book called One Million Arrows. (by the way where is the underline function on blogger?) Anyway, I just got it in the mail yesterday from Amazon.com. I read the introduction and the 1st chapter and I already love it! It was written by Julie Ferwerda. It has gotten great reviews by Dennis Rainey, Josh McDowell, Franklin Graham, Ron Luce, and lots of others.
Here's the quick review from the back of the book:
Time is short and lives are at stake. Right now, God is inviting your family to become part of a bigger story a vision that will engage your hearts to make a radical difference. One Million Arrows is an inspirational call to raise your kids to impact their culture, community, and world for Christ.
If you want your kids to discover their purpose, if you want them to live with a passion for the Kingdom, if you want your family to go down in His-Story, then accept the mission . . . and leave a mark for eternity.
Josh McDowell said, "One Million Arrows is a great wake-up call for parents of this generation. If we want our children to take part in the powerful purpose and unique mission God has designed for them, we've got to take responsibility for raising our kids as disciples of Christ."
The title is based on the verse in Psalm 127:3-5 that says,
"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
Here's the quick review from the back of the book:
Time is short and lives are at stake. Right now, God is inviting your family to become part of a bigger story a vision that will engage your hearts to make a radical difference. One Million Arrows is an inspirational call to raise your kids to impact their culture, community, and world for Christ.
If you want your kids to discover their purpose, if you want them to live with a passion for the Kingdom, if you want your family to go down in His-Story, then accept the mission . . . and leave a mark for eternity.
Josh McDowell said, "One Million Arrows is a great wake-up call for parents of this generation. If we want our children to take part in the powerful purpose and unique mission God has designed for them, we've got to take responsibility for raising our kids as disciples of Christ."
The title is based on the verse in Psalm 127:3-5 that says,
"Behold, children are a gift of the LORD, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one's youth. How blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them."
And, the proceeds from the book all go to international orphan ministry! On the website you can even download the first couple of chapters and read them. http://onemillionarrows.com/The-Book/
Ooo, that book sounds GREAT! It says so much in its "call to arms" title. We homeschooled, and when we started, it was really God's idea, not mine (I truly went in mentally and spiritually kicking and screaming!) But as we went on and I learned it was less about having a chalkboard and desks, and more about teaching my kids how to live, these were the types of things we talked about and we tried to model on some level.
ReplyDeleteOur primary subject ended up being our Christian Worldview: how did what God said and Jesus did and said effect our lives and the lived of others in the world today? I am thankful to say those efforts are bringing forth fruit that this mother and father are getting to see!
It is good to remember that though that many people and forces would have us feel desperate, instead these are exciting times to live in. With all my heart, I trust the words of Acts 17:24-28 spoken by Paul so many years ago!
(About your question, use the Italics, because you only underline when you are handwriting and can't write in Italics) *takes off English teacher hat* LOL! <3
either way: Contol + I is italics and Control+ U is underline:)
ReplyDelete